"The Author-Preneur with Something To Say That You'll Love To Read." #authorpreneurTJM

A Monte Cristo of a Different Mother

I love trying to take the middle class challenge every week and see if I can use up the items that are left in the refrigerator before I go shopping again.  Lately we have been able to stretch it two weeks between shopping ventures which is nicer, but it amps up the challenge.

Today I am going with an asiago cheese monte cristo with whole grain bread, pepper encrusted smoked turkey, a second helping of cheese - this time goat cheese - some spring mix greens, and caramelized red onions.  I dipped the sandwich in egg whites and then grilled in a lite coating of olive oil.  Mmm good.

I love having a couple of days to just play before the new job starts.  Of course it doesn't hurt to have been sick and stuck at home at the same time.




No comments:

Post a Comment