"The Author-Preneur with Something To Say That You'll Love To Read." #authorpreneurTJM

“Give me chicken salad or give me death.”

While this oft’ quoted line is erroneously attributed to Patrick Henry, it is not.  It is just from me.  And, loving chicken salad as much as I do, it is clear that I also love to switch it up a bit for taking this comfort food into new alleys of my gastronomic journey.

There are key essentials for me that don’t come and go.  Only breast meat.  Always garlic.  Always sea salt or kosher salt.  Always fresh ground pepper.  From there, all is negotiable.

Tonight there will be celery, onions, cucumbers and avocado oil mayonnaise.  But it’s as possible to have been apples, celery, and raisins.  Or, pears and craisins.  Some days fresh cilantro and others fresh basil.  Curry powder.  Then, cayenne.

All in all - while I love the steady - I say, innovate now and again.  Take your palate out for a rendezvous with adventure.  Take your comfort for an amble in the fields of change.  Not too much, just a bit.  A handful of ingredients.  That’s all.  And, viola!  Something new.

PS, I just love eating it without bread or a roll and with a favorite pile of chips.  It all blends so well in the chewing.  Mmmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment